Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Getting Back to Zero


This past month has been a tiring roller coaster of ups and downs in the weight dept. Apparently my body didn't take too well to the cleanse (or maybe this was just the first time I'd ever noticed) and my weight was all over the place. I essentially went down to 350 after the Master Cleanse. That went up to as high as 358.8 or something to that effect, which might not seem like much but when you consider my diet you start to wonder how it is I'm gaining.

Since the cleanse, Chana and I have been watching our diets very carefully. We're counting calories and with accurate ideas of what our daily intake should be at have created good meal plans that keep us both at a 1000 calorie a day deficit. Nutritionists say that's the way to lose an average of 2 pounds per week. Now, though those last couple of seconds might make it sound like we're living in a concentration camp, we're not. Controlling your daily intake is surprisingly not that difficult as long as you prepare 99% of your own meals. That means that fast food, hot pockets, and frozen dinners have been kicked to the curb in favor of fresh ingredients and good recipes. It's not that difficult to pull off either since Chana and I are the only two eating. We make one large dinner and pack up the leftovers to be eaten over the next day or two. Easy as pie if you ask me and when you have control like that, it's much easier to manage your daily caloric intake.

So back to the coaster ride- So I finish the cleanse and somehow, without going over my calorie allowance for most of that time (my birthday was in there mind you... But even then, you can't gain that much weight from one night's indiscretion) I manage to bounce all over the place weight wise and eventually settle damn near 10 pounds from where the cleanse sat me. It got to be so bad that I considered throwing the whole "healthy living" thing right out the fucking door. I was sick of minding my Ps and Qs all for the sake of an extra ten pounds. Shit, I could eat anything and everything I want and not gain that kind of weight. It's fucking ridiculous.

So about a week ago, my body finally settled and I dropped a quick five and half pounds over night. It made me feel great, like my efforts really counted for something and the progress has followed that same path since. I'm currently sitting at 351. I'm one pound away from getting back to zero and I couldn't be happier.

I know that this process is far from over. It's just nice have the work pay off, you know?

No comments:

Post a Comment